History Is On Sale at a Venerable Paris Hoteltags: New York Times
For those inspired by hotel design, there is now a chance to take some of it home, legally. The 100-year-old Hotel Plaza Athénée Paris will hold its first auction of vintage and not-so-old collectibles as it prepares to close for a seven-month renovation.
About 1,000 items primarily from the lobby, restaurant and bar will be auctioned live on Oct. 7 and 8. Auction items range from plates found in the hotel’s Alain Ducasse restaurant to sculptures including a bust of Marie-Antoinette, oversize Louis XVI-style vases, Murano glass chandeliers, leather and mahogany liquor cabinets, and even the marble-topped oak concierge desk....
comments powered by Disqus
- Neanderthals Died Out 10,000 Years Earlier Than Thought, With Help From Modern Humans
- The Millennials Are Generation Nice
- Lost in Translation: Germany’s Fascination With the American Old West
- Secrets Of Iceberg That Sank The Titanic Revealed In New Study
- Former Nixon Counsel John Dean: Right-Wing Media Impeachment Calls, Watergate Comparisons "Absolutely Silliness"