Veterans break past World War II Memorial barricadeBreaking News
tags: veterans, government shutdown
Washington (CNN) – Busloads of World War II veterans, many in wheelchairs, broke past a barricade Tuesday morning to cross into the World War II Memorial, as onlookers applauded and a man playing the bagpipes led the way.
Moments earlier, a few Republican members of Congress had removed a section of the black gates that surrounded the site, allowing a line of veterans to roll past security officers, who willingly stood aside....
comments powered by Disqus
- The Black Republic: African Americans and the Fate of Haiti
- He Risked His Life Filming A Mississippi Senator's Plantation In 1964
- Trinity College Reckons with Slavery Links as Ireland Confronts Collusion with Empire
- Black Spirituals as Poetry and Resistance
- How Black Women Brought Liberty to Washington in the 1800s