Dealey Plaza in Dallas to go quiet at time Kennedy was shottags: JFK, Dallas, JFK assassination, Kennedys
(CNN) -- Bagpipers set the mood on a gray morning in Washington on Friday as President John F. Kennedy's last living sibling participated in a wreath-laying ceremony commemorating the anniversary of his death to an assassin's bullet in Dallas 50 years ago.
The ceremony, featuring Jean Kennedy Smith, was preceded by a solemn visit to Arlington National Cemetery by Attorney General Eric Holder, setting off a nationwide day of commemorations of Kennedy's death.
As it did five decades ago, the nation's attention will settle on Dealey Plaza in Dallas, where a moment of silence is planned at the moment Kennedy was shot....
comments powered by Disqus
- Limbaugh, Citing Ron Radosh, Tries to Blame Max Blumenthal for Kansas Rampage
- UC Berkeley professor emeritus Robert Harlan dies at 84
- She Came All the Way from Melbourne to Attend the OAH
- The 7 Most Popular HNN Videos from the 2014 OAH
- Jesse Lemisch’s up-from-below history is still strikingly original