Dealey Plaza in Dallas to go quiet at time Kennedy was shottags: JFK, Dallas, JFK assassination, Kennedys
(CNN) -- Bagpipers set the mood on a gray morning in Washington on Friday as President John F. Kennedy's last living sibling participated in a wreath-laying ceremony commemorating the anniversary of his death to an assassin's bullet in Dallas 50 years ago.
The ceremony, featuring Jean Kennedy Smith, was preceded by a solemn visit to Arlington National Cemetery by Attorney General Eric Holder, setting off a nationwide day of commemorations of Kennedy's death.
As it did five decades ago, the nation's attention will settle on Dealey Plaza in Dallas, where a moment of silence is planned at the moment Kennedy was shot....
comments powered by Disqus
- Five Things You Need to Know to be a Better Digital Preservationist
- Book on Losing British Generals Wins American History Prize
- Stanford scholar explores civil rights revolution's positive impact on the South's economy
- Harvard Historian Nancy Koehn on Amazon's Tentacular Reach
- Q&A with historian and author Nick Turse