Dealey Plaza in Dallas to go quiet at time Kennedy was shotBreaking News
tags: JFK, Dallas, JFK assassination, Kennedys
(CNN) -- Bagpipers set the mood on a gray morning in Washington on Friday as President John F. Kennedy's last living sibling participated in a wreath-laying ceremony commemorating the anniversary of his death to an assassin's bullet in Dallas 50 years ago.
The ceremony, featuring Jean Kennedy Smith, was preceded by a solemn visit to Arlington National Cemetery by Attorney General Eric Holder, setting off a nationwide day of commemorations of Kennedy's death.
As it did five decades ago, the nation's attention will settle on Dealey Plaza in Dallas, where a moment of silence is planned at the moment Kennedy was shot....
comments powered by Disqus
- Where Did The Term ‘Redskins’ Come From?
- Hamilton, In Fiction And History, Is Key To Understanding The Electoral College
- A History of the Newly Resurgent 'Black National Anthem'
- ‘If You Want to Experience Liberation, Black Women Must Be at the Table’
- A Century After a Race Massacre, Tulsa Finally Digs for Suspected Mass Graves