John F Kennedy memorial bears 'wrong date of presidency'Breaking News
tags: Birmingham, JFK, memorials
A John F Kennedy memorial in Birmingham showing the wrong date for the start of his presidency must be changed, a charity has said.
The tribute, unveiled in February in Digbeth, states he was US president in 1960, but his inauguration was in 1961.
Irish In Birmingham said the council had not responded to an application to change the date.
A Birmingham City Council spokesman said the dates included "the period when Kennedy was president-elect".
The £100,000 Italian glass mosaic, which measures 18ft by 40ft (5m by 12m), is a replica of one that was put up near St Chad's Cathedral in the city centre in 1968....
comments powered by Disqus
- The Exhibit Lauded Freedom of Expression. It Was Silenced.
- What 1860 and 1968 can teach America about the 2020 presidential election
- Nevada Sen. Cortez Masto introduces bill to honor women’s suffrage with series of new quarters
- Hillary and Chelsea Clinton are writing their first book together about 'gutsy' women through history
- The Hotel Historian Is at Your Service
- 2 New Podcast Episodes Discuss How the Republican Party became the Party of Trump and CIA "Black Sites"
- ‘Karl Marx: Philosophy and Revolution’ Review: On the Marxist Question
- Tony Platt Reviews Simon Schama’s The Embarrassment of Riches: An Interpretation of Dutch Culture in the Golden Age
- Professor Breaks Down U.S. Racism, Trump’s ‘Ugliness’ In 3 Powerful Minutes
- ‘Charles I's Killers in America’ Review: Regicides on the Run