Did Russian missile tests violate 1987 treaty with Soviet Union?tags: Russia, Soviet Union, missiles
The United States told other NATO countries this month of a test on a ground-based cruise missile, the New York Times reported Wednesday. The test may have been banned by the 1987 Intermediate-Range Nuclear Forces Treaty.
Russia has responded to U.S. queries about the test by saying there has been an investigation, the Times said. The Obama administration has been trying to preserve the treaty and has not yet aggressively pursued the matter....
comments powered by Disqus
- Earth Is In The Early Days Of A New Mass-Extinction Event, Researchers Warn
- Without World War I, what would literature look like today?
- The Secret to Early Jewish Success: Literacy
- Egypt’s Nasser is blamed for current problems by the regime
- ‘Google must not be left to censor history’ – Wikipedia founder
- Yale's Jay Winter sums up what we should remember about WW I
- Plagiarism scandals galore … but no consequences?
- Historian who calls bull&%$@ on July 4th parade causes controversy
- This is what motivated history students in high school and middle school can do!