Coltrane's Sax Joins Smithsonian Jazz CollectionBreaking News
tags: Smithsonian, museums, jazz, John Coltrane
One of John Coltrane's tenor saxophones is joining the jazz collection at the Smithsonian.
Coltrane's son, musician Ravi Coltrane, donated one of his father's three principal tenor saxophones to the National Museum of American History on Wednesday. It's a Selmer Mark VI tenor sax made in Paris about 1965....
comments powered by Disqus
- History Professor: Democrats Should Work Around SCOTUS Like Abe Lincoln Did
- New Documentary Sheds Light on Hidden Sexual Violence of the Irish Revolution
- The Origins of Policing in America
- New Patriotic 1776 Commission Struggling To Find Ways To Improve Upon Education System’s Existing Propaganda
- Eric Williams’ Foundational Work on Slavery, Industry, and Wealth