U.S. schools prepare to celebrate Constitution Day
Byrd, a history buff known for keeping a copy of the Constitution in his pocket at all times, sought to focus attention on a little known date in American history - Sept. 17, 1787, the day the Constitution was signed.
Since the holiday this year would fall on a Saturday, schools were given a two-week window in which to observe Constitution Day.
comments powered by Disqus
- David Rosand, an Art History Scholar Whose Heart Was in Venice, Dies at 75
- NYT interviews Rick Perlstein about his book
- OAH issues a statement in support of the AP standards
- Daniel Pipes says in interview that the absence of anti-Israel protests in Muslim countries is highly significant
- A historian who studies China has discovered an overlooked angle in the debate about the Middle East. Could he have figured out a key reason for Iraq’s failure to defeat ISIS?