Gun Used to Shoot George Wallace Being AuctionedBreaking News
tags: George Wallace
An Illinois auction house is selling the revolver that almost killed former Alabama Gov. George Wallace in a 1972 assassination attempt as he ran for president.
Rock Island Auction Co., which specializes in rare firearms, listed the revolver for sale in a Friday auction. Company vice president Judy Voss said the company's investigation shows it is the same gun that was used by Arthur Bremer in the shooting.
"There is no doubt," Voss said.
comments powered by Disqus
- TikTok Spurs Frenzy over Fake Photos of Nanjing Atrocities
- Justice Jackson's Questioning in Voting Rights Case Shows History Won't be Left to Court's Right Wing
- The "Stolen Babies" of Fascist Spain Seek the Truth
- What Lizzo Can Teach the Right about History
- Law Professor Unearths Murder Cases from Jim Crow Era
- Pekka Hamalainen's Ambitious Book Reinforces Some Old Myths (Review)
- Patty Limerick Speaks on Her Dismissal from CU's Center of the American West
- New Archaeology of Lost Crops Shows the Reign of Corn Wasn't Inevitable
- Shortlist for Cundill History Prize Released
- Mireya Loza's History of Farm Work Will Shape Equity in Agriculture Industry