This Animated Data Visualization Of World War II Fatalities Is ShockingRoundup
tags: Video of the Week, WW II
It’s difficult to conceptualize excessively large numbers, particularly when they pertain to human tragedies. But this highly-engaging animated data visualization by Neil Halloran makes WWII-related deaths all too comprehensible.
The 15-minute video (it’s well worth the time to watch), titled “The Fallen of World War II,” is divided into three sections. The first is an analysis of soldier fatalities by nation, while the second tackles civilian deaths (including the Holocaust). The final section provides a fascinating and illuminating overarching perspective of WWII in the context of previous conflicts and those that followed.
comments powered by Disqus
- WBUR Is Belatedly Giving Credit to a Female Historian for a Segment
- Behind the men on the moon, there were thousands of women
- Professor Rebecca Gordon Pens Essay Revealing Her Abortion and Examines Ongoing History of Roe v. Wade
- Podcast Discusses History of the CIA
- Watching 'Chernobyl': How Important Are Visuals for Understanding History?