Saudi coalition bombs a historic site in Yemen and destroys itBreaking News
tags: Yemen, Ancient Artifacts
Destruction of Baraqish in Yemen. This just received from the President of the American Institute of Yemeni Studies (AIYS) -- from an email list by Lamya Khalidi, it is she that I am quoting below:
"I can confirm that at the site of Baraqish, the Saudi coalition bombarded the temple of Nakrah which had been completely restored by the Italians and of which nothing remains, the temple of Athtar, the city wall of the site and the Italian mission's dig house. For those who don't read Arabic the photos should suffice."
Image from Wikipedia of the town of Baraqish before destruction
comments powered by Disqus
- These Portraits Revolutionized the Way Queer Women Were Seen in the 1970s
- “Decades in the Making”: How Mainstream Conservatives & Right-Wing Money Fueled the Capitol Attack
- What the FBI Had on Grandpa
- Franco: Melilla Enclave Removes Last Statue of Fascist Dictator on Spanish Soil
- Lawrence Ferlinghetti Obituary
- For Many, an Afro isn’t Just a Hairstyle
- With Free Medical Clinics and Patient Advocacy, the Black Panthers Created a Legacy in Community Health That Still Exists Amid COVID-19
- With a Touch of Wisdom: Human Rights, Memory, and Forgetting
- New Exhibit Reckons With Glendale's Racist Past as ‘Sundown Town'
- The Broken System: What Comes After Meritocracy?