One of the last remaining Nazis goes on trial in GermanyBreaking News
tags: Auschwitz, Nazi, WW II, Nazi SS guard
Prosecutors say Reinhold Hanning met Jewish prisoners as they arrived at the camp in occupied Poland and may have escorted some to the gas chambers.
Mr Hanning has admitted being a guard but denies involvement in mass murder.
He is being tried in the city of Detmold, in what is likely to be one of the last cases of its kind.
comments powered by Disqus
- Tom Engelhardt Writes Personal and Historical Essay: Turning 75 in the Age of Trump
- Historian Drew Gilpin Faust Pens Personal and Historical Essay: "Race, History, and Memories of a Virginia Girlhood"
- WBUR Is Belatedly Giving Credit to a Female Historian for a Segment
- Behind the men on the moon, there were thousands of women
- Professor Rebecca Gordon Pens Essay Revealing Her Abortion and Examines Ongoing History of Roe v. Wade