Video of the Week: Pierre L'Enfant's great design for WashingtonRoundup
tags: Washington, Video of the Week, Pierre LEnfant
The United States and France have been friends for more than 200 years. Americans and French have stood next to each other on the battlefields -- starting with the Revolutionary War fighting for freedom and democracy. In 1886 France gave us the Statue of Liberty, one of our most famous icons. And, it was a Frenchman, Pierre Charles L'Enfant, who helped create our capital city.
comments powered by Disqus
- Russian Police Detain History Professor After Protest
- Why We Keep Reinventing Abraham Lincoln
- Four Principles to Guide Us on Whose Statues Should Topple and Whose Should Remain
- History Professor Describes His Experience With COVID-19, Teaching In Historic Times
- 52 Years Ago, Thelonious Monk Played a High School. Now Everyone Can Hear It.