Video of the Week: Pierre L'Enfant's great design for WashingtonRoundup
tags: Washington, Video of the Week, Pierre LEnfant
The United States and France have been friends for more than 200 years. Americans and French have stood next to each other on the battlefields -- starting with the Revolutionary War fighting for freedom and democracy. In 1886 France gave us the Statue of Liberty, one of our most famous icons. And, it was a Frenchman, Pierre Charles L'Enfant, who helped create our capital city.
comments powered by Disqus
- The Unluckiest Generation In U.S. History
- Larry Kramer, Author and Outspoken AIDS Activist, Dies at 84
- They Survived the Worst Battles of World War II. And Died of the Virus.
- The Story Of How The First White Member Of Delta Sigma Theta Was A Segregationist’s Worst Nightmare
- On This Day in 1943: White Workers Riot After Black Workers Promoted in Mobile, Alabama