House approves bills that most affect the historical community that Trump wanted to axBreaking News
tags: NEH, National Endowment for the Humanities, NHPRC, Trump
In rapid fire over the last two weeks, the House Appropriations Committee approved the four funding bills that include agencies and programs which most affect the historical community. Three agencies that were slated for elimination by the Trump administration (National Endowment for the Humanities, Institute of Museum and Library Sciences and the National Historical Publications and Records Commission) were either level funded or received small cuts. Click here to see a chart showing FY 18 funding levels for these and other programs. The Senate Appropriations Committee has yet to consider any FY 18 funding bills.
comments powered by Disqus
- The Complicated History of Abortion and Abortion Law in the United States
- Discovery of Earliest Known Record of Mayan Calendar
- Buffalo Shooting Centuries in Making, Say Historians of Slavery and Reconstruction
- Isaac Chotiner Interviews Kathleen Belew on White Power and the Buffalo Mass Shooting
- What if Mental Illness Isn't All In Your Head?