Islam will be the second-biggest U.S. religion by 2040Breaking News
tags: Islam, religion, Christianity, Judaism
Muslims will be the second-largest religious group in America by 2040 because of higher birth rates, according to a new study.
The data published last week by the Pew Research Center shows that Islam will surpass Judaism as the second biggest religion in the country, behind Christianity, within two decades. According to Pew, the Muslim population will more than double in that time period, from 3.45 million in 2017 (1.1 percent of the total population) to 8.09 million in 2050 (2.1 percent of the total population).
As that increase takes place, America’s Muslim population is set to springboard above its Jewish population by 2040.
comments powered by Disqus
- Sunday Reading: Hiroshima
- More Than a Century Before the 19th Amendment, Women were Voting in New Jersey
- John Lewis’ Legacy: Four Southern States are Still Battling for Voter Rights
- Gillibrand Urges Removal Of Confederate Symbols At West Point
- Portraits that Honor the Men Who Participated in the 1968 Memphis Sanitation Workers Strike