Japan Balks at Calls for New Apology to South Korea Over ‘Comfort Women’Breaking News
tags: Japan, comfort women, South Korea
On matters of history, Japan and South Korea can never seem to agree to disagree.
Three days after South Korea said it would not roll back a 2015 accordover women forced into sexual slavery for the Japanese military during World War II, Prime Minister Shinzo Abe of Japan rejected on Friday “additional measures” sought by Seoul.
The issue even threatened to jeopardize his attendance at the Winter Olympics’ opening ceremony next month.
comments powered by Disqus
- America’s Military Should Confront Its Past, Not Bury It
- Trump and the Suburbs: Is He Out of Tune with America's Increasingly Diverse Voters?
- Depicting Japan in British propaganda of the Second World War
- Trump Claims ‘1917’ Pandemic Ended World War II—Which Began in 1939
- It Really Is Time to Get Rid of the Filibuster