UCLA historian Gabriel Piterberg is out for sexual harassmentHistorians in the News
tags: UCLA, sex scandals, sexual harassment, Gabriel Piterberg
In 2017, after an extensive investigation, the UCLA Title IX Office found that Prof. Gabriel Piterberg committed sexual harassment in violation of University sexual harassment policy by making unwelcome comments of a sexual nature and unwelcome physical conduct of a sexual nature (in the form of an open mouth kiss). According to the investigation report, these comments and conduct occurred in 2008 and during the time period of 2009 to 2013. The investigation report was submitted to the appropriate Administration and Academic Senate units for further handling. At the urging of the Privilege and Tenure Committee of the Academic Senate, the Administration and Prof. Piterberg engaged in settlement negotiations. Prof. Piterberg disputes and denies the findings of the Title IX investigation report. The parties have reached a settlement, which includes separation from employment, denial of emeritus status, denial of future employment with the University of California, denial of permanent or temporary office space or support, and denial of parking privileges and campus access beyond that which is afforded to general members of the public. The Administration remains firmly committed to increasing transparency
comments powered by Disqus
- Josh Hawley Earns F in Early American History
- Does Germany's Holocaust Education Give Cover to Nativism?
- "Car Brain" Has Long Normalized Carnage on the Roads
- Hawley's Use of Fake Patrick Henry Quote a Revealing Error
- Health Researchers Show Segregation 100 Years Ago Harmed Black Health, and Effects Continue Today
- Nelson Lichtenstein on a Half Century of Labor History
- Can America Handle a 250th Anniversary?
- New Research Shows British Industrialization Drew Ironworking Methods from Colonized and Enslaved Jamaicans
- The American Revolution Remains a Hotly Contested Symbolic Field
- Untangling Fact and Fiction in the Story of a Nazi-Era Brothel