True scale of UK role in torture and rendition after 9/11 revealedBreaking News
tags: UK, 911, British intelligence
British intelligence agencies were involved in the torture and kidnap of terrorism suspects after 9/11, according to two reports by the parliamentary intelligence and security committee.
The reports published on Thursday amount to one of the most damning indictments of UK intelligence, revealing links to torture and rendition were much more widespread than previously reported.
While there was no evidence of officers directly carrying out physical mistreatment of detainees, the reports say the overseas agency MI6 and the domestic service MI5 were involved in hundreds of torture cases and scores of rendition cases.
comments powered by Disqus
- Heating Up Culture Wars, France to Scour Universities for Ideas That ‘Corrupt Society’
- West Hartford is Mostly White, While Bloomfield is Largely Black. How that Came to be Tells the Story of Racism and Segregation in American Suburbs
- The Rise and Fall of the L. Brent Bozells
- US Deports 95-Year-Old Former Concentration Camp Guard To Germany
- The Legacy of Rush Limbaugh (Podcast)