A College Student Was Told To Remove A "F**k Nazis" Sign Because It Wasn't "Inclusive"Breaking News
tags: Nazi, University of Massachusetts
Parsons, a junior at the University of Massachusetts, Amherst, told BuzzFeed News on Sunday that she decided to put up the sign after a swastika was drawn over a "Happy Hanukkah" sign on a resident assistant's door the first week of December.
"I thought maybe if I hang the sign up, maybe the person who drew the swastika will see it and see someone condemning their actions, even if the administration doesn’t do it," she said.
The university's highly promoted initiative on campus is called "Hate Has No Home at UMass" aimed at rejecting "all forms of bigotry and hatred." As part of its initiative, the university has documented 19 hate crime incidents on campus since September.
Parsons said she didn't expect the university to take any issue with the sign.
comments powered by Disqus
- A farm boy became a fearsome warrior at Iwo Jima. And he did it with a flamethrower.
- Plymouth Rock vandalized with red graffiti ahead of 400th anniversary of Mayflower landing
- The enslaved people who built and staffed the White House: An afterthought no more
- Truman and Coolidge go up, Jefferson and Jackson go down. How history remembers presidents
- George Steiner: The Last Viennese Jew
- Renowned presidential historian Doris Kearns Goodwin finally takes on George Washington
- Legal Historian Jed Shugerman Says William Barr's Actions Are "Remarkably Not Normal"
- Historian Ruth Ben-Ghiat Quoted in Washington Post Article on Trump's Quest to Rewrite History
- This one-of-a-kind conference celebrates the real people behind the Underground Railroad
- Zara Steiner, distinguished scholar of diplomatic history, dies at 91