Spotlight to be on railroads
Trains: Tracks of the Iron Horse -- which will include a section on presidential train travel -- will open Nov. 7 and run through July 30. The museum is located on the campus of Texas A&M University.
A lecture series will feature historians, railroad executives, rail fans and regulators. Model railroad clubs also will create displays.
In conjunction with the exhibit, fiberglass locomotives will be decorated as part of a public art project similar to Chicago's cows and Omaha's J. Doe's. The 6-foot-by-6-foot models will be on display from November through May, when they will be sold at auction at the museum.
For more information about the exhibit or special events, consult the library's Web site at http://bushlibrary.tamu.edu
comments powered by Disqus
- Round 2: It's Benny Morris vs. Martin Kramer ... Was there a massacre in 1948 in Lydda?
- World War I Anniversary: Five Historians, Two Questions
- While French historians take a common view of WW I, British and German don't
- Historian: Proclamation Naming Pa. State Gun Gets Facts Wrong
- Irish slave owners were compensated historian reveals