'The Historical Record Is Affirmed': Armenian Reaction To Biden Recognition Of Armenian GenocideHistorians in the News
tags: Turkey, human rights, Armenian genocide, Ottoman Empire, Joe Biden
President Biden is the first sitting U.S. president in decades to formally call the mass slaughter of Armenians at the hands of Ottoman Turks more than a century ago a "genocide."
We get perspective from Ara Sanjian, an associate professor of history at the University of Michigan-Dearborn and the director of the university's Armenian Research Center.
This segment aired on April 26, 2021.
comments powered by Disqus
- Eastern Europe Brought Soccer Into the Modern Age. Why is it a Wasteland Now?
- Ties Documented Between Legal Activist Challenging Affirmative Action and White Nationalists
- Work More, Consume Less: The Coercive Nature of Austerity Politics
- Will the Philadelphia Museum Strike Change an Industry?
- Qatar Isn't The First Regime to Polish its Image With a World Cup