Bush says war critics rewrite history
Bush, facing waning public support for the war that has helped push his approval ratings to new lows, hit back at critics who have said his administration misused intelligence on Iraqi weapons of mass destruction to justify the war.
Democrats responded to Bush's Veterans Day speech by accusing the president of exploiting the holiday to try to shore up his faltering political standing.
Bush said he respected his opponents' right to disagree with him about the decision to go to war against Iraq, and that as president he accepted responsibility for what has taken place there under his watch.
But he added, "it is deeply irresponsible to rewrite the history of how that war began."
"Some Democrats and anti-war critics are now claiming we manipulated the intelligence and misled the American people about why we went to war. These critics are fully aware that a bipartisan Senate investigation found no evidence of political pressure to change the intelligence community's judgment related to Iraq's weapons programs," Bush said.
"The stakes in the global war on terror are too high, and the national interest is too important, for politicians to throw out false charges," Bush added in a speech that broadly reviewed Washington's declared war on terrorism since the September 11, 2001, attacks on the United States.
comments powered by Disqus
Stephen Kislock - 11/13/2005
If and when the Truth be told of the Illegal Invasion and Occupation of Iraq by the Oil Barons of the Cheney/Bush White House it will quotes all the Lies and Rewrite this very sad chapter of Propaganda.
Weapons of Mass Destruction, were placed in the White House by the United States Supreme Court's 5 to 4 decision on Bush vs. Gore 2000 Election!
To all the Chicken Hawks out there, Where is Osama bin Laden? Why is he still Free to Threaten the US?
Why, Cheney/Bush need Him Alive.
The Boogeyman of our Dreams/Nightmares, that' WHY.
The Cheney/Bush team are going to have History rewritten, with the TRUTH in place of Propanganda.
- Iraq’s Long-Lost Mythical Temple Has Been Found…and Is In Danger of Disappearing Again
- CBS features in-depth coverage of the 50th anniversary of the signing of the Civil Rights law
- Archive of WW II war crimes made public
- They tried to kill Hitler. Now they’re heroes.
- ‘Clinton Inc.’ Author Dishes on Monica Lewinsky and the Blue Dress
- Ukrainian Leaders Are Using David Barton's Theocratic Pseudo-History To Build Their Nation
- John D’Emilio, renowned professor of gay studies, retires
- It’s Martin Kramer vs. Ari Shavit vs. Benny Morris
- It's official: 2014 AHA election results are in