Stonehenge opens for Boxing Day
English Heritage said it was responding to visitor demand and opened Stonehenge to the public on 26 December and wi.ll do the same on New Year's Day.
The ancient monument will be open, for the first day of 2006, from 1000 GMT with last admissions at 1600 GMT.
Peter Carson, Stonehenge director, said: "We normally stay closed during the festive holidays, but coach tours still come in their droves and look at Stonehenge from the roadside.
"So it seemed important to have the site open for a few extra days over the holiday period."
comments powered by Disqus
- Round 2: It's Benny Morris vs. Martin Kramer ... Was there a massacre in 1948 in Lydda?
- World War I Anniversary: Five Historians, Two Questions
- While French historians take a common view of WW I, British and German don't
- Historian: Proclamation Naming Pa. State Gun Gets Facts Wrong
- Irish slave owners were compensated historian reveals