Stonehenge opens for Boxing Day
English Heritage said it was responding to visitor demand and opened Stonehenge to the public on 26 December and wi.ll do the same on New Year's Day.
The ancient monument will be open, for the first day of 2006, from 1000 GMT with last admissions at 1600 GMT.
Peter Carson, Stonehenge director, said: "We normally stay closed during the festive holidays, but coach tours still come in their droves and look at Stonehenge from the roadside.
"So it seemed important to have the site open for a few extra days over the holiday period."
comments powered by Disqus
- Iraq’s Long-Lost Mythical Temple Has Been Found…and Is In Danger of Disappearing Again
- CBS features in-depth coverage of the 50th anniversary of the signing of the Civil Rights law
- Archive of WW II war crimes made public
- They tried to kill Hitler. Now they’re heroes.
- ‘Clinton Inc.’ Author Dishes on Monica Lewinsky and the Blue Dress
- Ukrainian Leaders Are Using David Barton's Theocratic Pseudo-History To Build Their Nation
- John D’Emilio, renowned professor of gay studies, retires
- Journalist Michael Wolraich says he wrote his new book about the Progressives to teach Americans how to do liberal politics
- It’s Martin Kramer vs. Ari Shavit vs. Benny Morris
- It's official: 2014 AHA election results are in