Vandals attack Robert Burns's burial site
Police are investigating a vandal attack on the final resting place of Robert Burns in Dumfries.
Windows were smashed at the mausoleum in St Michael's Cemetery - the latest in a series of attacks on churches.
It has prompted calls for the introduction of CCTV cameras to tackle the problem in the area.
Police said they were stepping up patrols around churches and have issued descriptions of three teenagers in connection with the incident.
comments powered by Disqus
- Five Things You Need to Know to be a Better Digital Preservationist
- Book on Losing British Generals Wins American History Prize
- Stanford scholar explores civil rights revolution's positive impact on the South's economy
- Harvard Historian Nancy Koehn on Amazon's Tentacular Reach
- Q&A with historian and author Nick Turse