Ohio journos pooh-pooh Kennedy's "Election Stolen?" piece
comments powered by Disqus
Alonzo Hamby - 6/16/2006
Conspiracy theorists for a year and a half now have attempted to construct a convincing story to the effect that the sinister Kenneth Blackwell (Ohio Secretary of State and Republican nominee for Governor in 2006) robbed Kerry.
In fact, however, Ohio elections are run by 88 separate county election boards. By law, each board must consist of equal numbers of Republicans and Democrats. No one who knows Ohio politics believes that a massive number of stupid or dishonest Democrats lent themselves to a plot to beat Kerry.
In addition to the people cited in this story, Joe Hallet, a liberal Democrat who writes on state politics for the Columbus Dispatch, made these points in a story a couple of weeks ago.
I've lived in Ohio for forty years. Its elections are as clean as any in the country.
Are they perfectly managed every year in every county? Of course not. But that's a different matter.
- ‘Google must not be left to censor history’ – Wikipedia founder
- The most important battle you've probably never heard of
- ISIS is destroying both Shia and Sunni shrines and buildings in Mosul
- Study: Violent radicalism in UK isn't associated with poverty
- CONFIRMED: the Shrine of Jonah/Mosque of Yunus (Nineveh, Mosul, Iraq) has been destroyed
- Plagiarism scandals galore … but no consequences?
- Stephen Cohen was once considered a top Russia historian. Now he publishes odd defenses of Vladimir Putin.
- Historian who calls bull&%$@ on July 4th parade causes controversy
- This is what motivated history students in high school and middle school can do!
- Obama to award National Humanities Medals to 3 historians