Getty museum says no to Italian demand for statue
Culture Minister Francesco Rutelli made the demand in Rome, saying Italy would break off ties with the wealthy Los Angeles museum, which funds several restoration projects in Italy, unless it quickly returned art works, including the bronze statue, that Rome says were looted.
"Either there is an agreement or there is a breakdown," Rutelli told reporters in Rome."The time has passed when people could turn a blind eye to looting."
comments powered by Disqus
- Neanderthals Died Out 10,000 Years Earlier Than Thought, With Help From Modern Humans
- The Millennials Are Generation Nice
- Lost in Translation: Germany’s Fascination With the American Old West
- Secrets Of Iceberg That Sank The Titanic Revealed In New Study
- Former Nixon Counsel John Dean: Right-Wing Media Impeachment Calls, Watergate Comparisons "Absolutely Silliness"