Elie Wiesel and other Jewish Leaders to Confront U.S. Jewish Leaders' Holocaust Record
The conference will be held on Sunday, June 17, 2007, from 10 am to 5:30 pm, at the Fordham University School of Law, 140 West 62 St. (near Ninth Ave.), in New York City--right across from Lincoln Center. The conference will take place in the McNally Auditorium.
Neil Barsky, Managing Partner of Alson Capital Partners, LLC, is chairing the conference; Prof. Thane Rosenbaum, human rights scholar and novelist, will be the Master of Ceremonies.
This will be the first-ever conference on the impact and legacy of the Bergson Group, the maverick Jewish activists whose protests alerted Americans about the Holocaust and played a major role in the creation of the War Refugee Board, which helped save over 200,000 Jews from Hitler.
comments powered by Disqus
- Richard III Really Ate and Drank Like a King
- Where’s the one place in the world where nobody’s messed with WW II relics?
- Secrets of the Clinton Library
- Beloit College is out with its annual list of what freshman know ... Tiny Tim? Carl Sagan? Forget about it.
- India Bans Indira Gandhi Assassination Film
- A prominent historian of science dies and no one takes notice
- A pro-Hamas Left emerges among historians, complains Jeffrey Herf
- Classicist Mary Beard celebrated by the New Yorker as “The Troll Slayer”
- Ilan Pappé praised in Iran as a "prominent anti-Zionist Israeli historian and intellectual"
- It's hard to be an optimist today, but Juan Cole is