Elie Wiesel and other Jewish Leaders to Confront U.S. Jewish Leaders' Holocaust Record
The conference will be held on Sunday, June 17, 2007, from 10 am to 5:30 pm, at the Fordham University School of Law, 140 West 62 St. (near Ninth Ave.), in New York City--right across from Lincoln Center. The conference will take place in the McNally Auditorium.
Neil Barsky, Managing Partner of Alson Capital Partners, LLC, is chairing the conference; Prof. Thane Rosenbaum, human rights scholar and novelist, will be the Master of Ceremonies.
This will be the first-ever conference on the impact and legacy of the Bergson Group, the maverick Jewish activists whose protests alerted Americans about the Holocaust and played a major role in the creation of the War Refugee Board, which helped save over 200,000 Jews from Hitler.
comments powered by Disqus
- Shipwreck Found Under World Trade Center Traced Back To Colonial Era Philadelphia
- Bob Dallek in the NYT gives a rave review of John Dean's history of Watergate cover-up
- Ex-President George W. Bush Authors Book About His Father
- Tears, and Anger, as Militants Destroy Iraq City’s Relics
- Europe notes 100th anniversary of World War I
- Why Benny Morris is both right and wrong
- Professor Ilan Pappé: Israel Has Chosen to be a 'Racist Apartheid State'
- History Professor: Convicted Cop Killer Mumia Should Be Celebrated Like Martin Luther King Jr. in Schools
- Robert Drew, Cinema Verite Documentarian, Dies at 90
- Rick Perlstein: “Ronald Reagan absolved America almost in a priestly role not to have to contend with sin. The consequences are all around us today”