Historians and artists' petition slams new French ministry
They are demanding the ministry's name - which they say sends a signal immigration is a "problem" - be changed and its extensive powers cut.
The petition, published in the left-wing daily Liberation, was signed by some of France's most illustrious historians as well as professors from the University of Sydney, Princeton and Harvard in the US, Cambridge in Britain and the University of Chuo in Tokyo, Japan.
comments powered by Disqus
- ‘Google must not be left to censor history’ – Wikipedia founder
- The most important battle you've probably never heard of
- ISIS is destroying both Shia and Sunni shrines and buildings in Mosul
- Study: Violent radicalism in UK isn't associated with poverty
- CONFIRMED: the Shrine of Jonah/Mosque of Yunus (Nineveh, Mosul, Iraq) has been destroyed
- Plagiarism scandals galore … but no consequences?
- Stephen Cohen was once considered a top Russia historian. Now he publishes odd defenses of Vladimir Putin.
- Historian who calls bull&%$@ on July 4th parade causes controversy
- This is what motivated history students in high school and middle school can do!
- Obama to award National Humanities Medals to 3 historians