Historians and artists' petition slams new French ministry
They are demanding the ministry's name - which they say sends a signal immigration is a "problem" - be changed and its extensive powers cut.
The petition, published in the left-wing daily Liberation, was signed by some of France's most illustrious historians as well as professors from the University of Sydney, Princeton and Harvard in the US, Cambridge in Britain and the University of Chuo in Tokyo, Japan.
comments powered by Disqus
- CBS features in-depth coverage of the 50th anniversary of the signing of the Civil Rights law
- Archive of WW II war crimes made public
- They tried to kill Hitler. Now they’re heroes.
- ‘Clinton Inc.’ Author Dishes on Monica Lewinsky and the Blue Dress
- Senator’s Thesis Turns Out to Be Remix of Others’ Works, Uncited
- Ukrainian Leaders Are Using David Barton's Theocratic Pseudo-History To Build Their Nation
- John D’Emilio, renowned professor of gay studies, retires
- It’s Martin Kramer vs. Ari Shavit vs. Benny Morris
- It's official: 2014 AHA election results are in