Cheney interview from 1994 a YouTube sensation
A 1994 interview with Dick Cheney featured on YouTube this week has drawn more than half a million hits. In the interview Cheney defends the first Bush administration's decision to allow Saddam Hussein to remain in power rather than remove him. Cheney says that going to Baghdad would have plunged the United States into a"quagmire" with parts of Iraq flying off.
The interview is circulating by email and was excerpted on Jon Stewart's The Daily Show.
comments powered by Disqus
James Harris McCall - 8/18/2007
He was reiterating the position of Bush 41 and Brent Scowcroft, as laid out in their 1998 book, "A World Transformed." Our tragedy is that the son failed to listen to the father, for whatever reasons we must determine.
- Poll: Majority Of Americans Say Obama Is Mixed Race, Not Black
- New technology helps paleontologists see Ice-Age bee in intricate detail
- History textbooks in crosshairs of Australia's curriculum wars
- Archaeologists' findings may prove Rome a century older than thought
- 150 years of medical journals to go online
- She Came All the Way from Melbourne to Attend the OAH
- The 7 Most Popular HNN Videos from the 2014 OAH
- U.Va. Historian Alan Taylor Wins 2014 Pulitzer for Book on Slaves and War -- His second Pulitzer!
- UW Professor Stephanie Camp, 46, feminist historian, dies
- Italian forces in WW2 were not soft and Mussolini wasn't a clown, British historian claims