Cheney interview from 1994 a YouTube sensation
A 1994 interview with Dick Cheney featured on YouTube this week has drawn more than half a million hits. In the interview Cheney defends the first Bush administration's decision to allow Saddam Hussein to remain in power rather than remove him. Cheney says that going to Baghdad would have plunged the United States into a"quagmire" with parts of Iraq flying off.
The interview is circulating by email and was excerpted on Jon Stewart's The Daily Show.
comments powered by Disqus
James Harris McCall - 8/18/2007
He was reiterating the position of Bush 41 and Brent Scowcroft, as laid out in their 1998 book, "A World Transformed." Our tragedy is that the son failed to listen to the father, for whatever reasons we must determine.
- Olivia Remie Constable, director of the Medieval Institute at Notre Dame since 2009, passes away
- Arizona Historical Society soon could be history
- Yale's Donald Kagan says students need to study Western civilization
- Ken Burns on Colbert to promote his new documentary, "The Address"
- UC Santa Barbara History Department featuring a series on the Great Society at 50