HNN Hot Topics: Same-Sex Marriagetags: Hot Topics, gay history, DOMA, same-sex marriage
Image via Shutterstock.
Latest News & Commentary
comments powered by Disqus
fei lin - 4/7/2009
[url=http://http://www.nikeqs.com]Wholesale Nike Shoes[/url]
[url=http://www.nikeqs.com/product.asp?bigclassid=6]cheap nike shox[/url]
[url=http://www.nikeqs.com/product.asp?bigclassid=5]cheap air max[/url]
[url=http://www.nikeqs.com/product.asp?bigclassid=3]cheap nike dunks[/url]
[url=http://www.nikeqs.com]cheap nike shoes[/url]
[url=http://www.nikeqs.com/product.asp?bigclassid=12&smallclassid=111]cheap guuci shoes[/url] [url=http://www.nikeqs.com/product.asp?bigclassid=7]cheap adidas shoes[/url]
[url=http://www.nikeqs.com/product.asp?bigclassid=4]cheap Air Jordan Force Fusion[/url]
[url=http://www.nikeqs.com/product.asp?bigclassid=25]cheap NFL Jerseys[/url]
Todd Jordan - 5/1/2005
Life, Liberity and the Purist of Happiness
As a working class hetrosexual happily married husband and father of one I know first hand the value and the blessing of having a family. I thank God everyday for the many blessings and gifts He has provided for me in my wife and child. Many people would label my family by calling us a model for what a traditional family should look like. We would simply call ourselves in love. When my wife and I bean dating we never thought about how we wanted to start a "traditional" family. All we knew was that we loved each other and we wanted to spend the rest of our lives together. That was all we needed or wanted to know. Regardless of what anyone thought or said to us could not have changed this. We to this day continue to have the same bond and love we had for each other so many years ago. Without any doubt we found the life, liberity and the purist of happiness in the American dream.
Looking at the events that this country is facing now I question the right for anyone who would force their views and disrupte someones right to life, liberity and the pursit of happiness that my wife and I are allowed to enjoy. This same type of thinking is what America did to millions of people of color in this country which still continues today. From a historical stand point we should have looked back and learned from our mistakes as a nation. It is simply unamerican to act in the manner which we continue to do today. Who am I to imposs my views on another man or violate his right to life, liberity and the pursit of happiness? I hold no right to elevate myself or my family views to dictate over the freedom of my brother or my sister. Every man shall hold this freedom to rule his own life, his own liberity, and he shall have the right to pursue happiness with no limits that I or anyone else shall place upon him. This freedom his fathers diead for, and today they perish for it in foriegn lands so that he to may have this right.
- Study: Violent radicalism in UK isn't associated with poverty
- CONFIRMED: the Shrine of Jonah/Mosque of Yunus (Nineveh, Mosul, Iraq) has been destroyed
- Chinese President Xi Jinping: Nobody can change history
- Iraq’s Long-Lost Mythical Temple Has Been Found…and Is In Danger of Disappearing Again
- CBS features in-depth coverage of the 50th anniversary of the signing of the Civil Rights law
- Obama to award National Humanities Medals to 3 historians
- Historian Curt Gentry, known for Hoover biography and ‘Helter Skelter,’ dies at 83
- Harvard historian: strategy of climate science denial groups 'extremely successful'
- Curators at Victoria and Albert Museum are pushing the boundaries of collecting
- Ukrainian Leaders Are Using David Barton's Theocratic Pseudo-History To Build Their Nation