HNN Hot Topics: Same-Sex MarriageHot Topics
tags: Hot Topics, gay history, DOMA, same-sex marriage
Image via Shutterstock.
Click HERE to read our most recent articles.
comments powered by Disqus
fei lin - 4/7/2009
[url=http://http://www.nikeqs.com]Wholesale Nike Shoes[/url]
[url=http://www.nikeqs.com/product.asp?bigclassid=6]cheap nike shox[/url]
[url=http://www.nikeqs.com/product.asp?bigclassid=5]cheap air max[/url]
[url=http://www.nikeqs.com/product.asp?bigclassid=3]cheap nike dunks[/url]
[url=http://www.nikeqs.com]cheap nike shoes[/url]
[url=http://www.nikeqs.com/product.asp?bigclassid=12&smallclassid=111]cheap guuci shoes[/url] [url=http://www.nikeqs.com/product.asp?bigclassid=7]cheap adidas shoes[/url]
[url=http://www.nikeqs.com/product.asp?bigclassid=4]cheap Air Jordan Force Fusion[/url]
[url=http://www.nikeqs.com/product.asp?bigclassid=25]cheap NFL Jerseys[/url]
Todd Jordan - 4/30/2005
Life, Liberity and the Purist of Happiness
As a working class hetrosexual happily married husband and father of one I know first hand the value and the blessing of having a family. I thank God everyday for the many blessings and gifts He has provided for me in my wife and child. Many people would label my family by calling us a model for what a traditional family should look like. We would simply call ourselves in love. When my wife and I bean dating we never thought about how we wanted to start a "traditional" family. All we knew was that we loved each other and we wanted to spend the rest of our lives together. That was all we needed or wanted to know. Regardless of what anyone thought or said to us could not have changed this. We to this day continue to have the same bond and love we had for each other so many years ago. Without any doubt we found the life, liberity and the purist of happiness in the American dream.
Looking at the events that this country is facing now I question the right for anyone who would force their views and disrupte someones right to life, liberity and the pursit of happiness that my wife and I are allowed to enjoy. This same type of thinking is what America did to millions of people of color in this country which still continues today. From a historical stand point we should have looked back and learned from our mistakes as a nation. It is simply unamerican to act in the manner which we continue to do today. Who am I to imposs my views on another man or violate his right to life, liberity and the pursit of happiness? I hold no right to elevate myself or my family views to dictate over the freedom of my brother or my sister. Every man shall hold this freedom to rule his own life, his own liberity, and he shall have the right to pursue happiness with no limits that I or anyone else shall place upon him. This freedom his fathers diead for, and today they perish for it in foriegn lands so that he to may have this right.
- Documentary on the Last Slave Ship to Arrive in the United States Takes on Questions of Memorializing Racist Violence
- The Underground Network of Ministers and Rabbis Aiding Abortion Access Before Roe
- At its 50th Reunion, La Raza Unida Asks How to Pass the Torch
- US Neglect of Puerto Rico is in the News, but the Main Historical Relationship has been Abuse
- Will SCOTUS Revisit the Second Class Citizenship of American Samoans?
- Sergey Radchenko on Putin's Mobilization Speech
- A Finnish Historian's Ambitious Rethinking of Native American History Draws Praise and Criticism
- National Archives Exhibition Challenges the Meritocratic, Democratic Myths of American Sports
- The Defeat of Identity Politics
- How Ideology Shapes America's View on the World