Civics Summit to be held in Virginia in September
2008 Civics Summit
September 19, 2008
Capitol Building, Richmond, Virginia
Civic Engagement in a Changing World
The Hidden Dimension of Civic Education and Engagement
Professor David Wilkins
Kirkland and Ellis Professor of Law, Harvard Law School
Civic Engagement in the 2008 Election
Dr. Robert Holsworth
Professor of Political Science and Public Administration
Virginia Commonwealth University
Virtual Civic Engagement: Games, Social Networking and Learning
Director, Pew Internet and American Life Project
Dr. Joseph Kahne
Dean of the School of Education
Research Director of Civic Engagement Research Group, Mills College
Teacher/administrator registration: http://www.cpe.vt.edu/reg/civsum/
Can’t attend? The Summit will be webcast live from 9 a.m. to 3:30 p.m.
To view, go to the Everyday Civics Web site at: http://civics.pwnet.org.
For more information, call Beverly Thurston at (804) 225-2893.
Hosted by the Virginia Commission on Civics Education
comments powered by Disqus
- Tea Party support linked to educational segregation, new study shows
- History of Philly Rests Under I-95
- Agreement aims to protect North Shore wrecks from looters
- Award-Winning Filmmaker Kevin McCann to Produce the First Film about the Easter Rising in Ireland
- Clinton seen as the most intelligent president, George W. Bush the least
- In new book UC Berkeley historian Waldo E. Martin, Jr. takes Black Panther Party's point of view
- Economics historian finds that real social mobility takes hundreds of years
- Historian Tim Furnish says liberals shouldn't be astonished that ISIS is stoning women to death -- "in many Muslim countries ... large majorities ... favor stoning"
- Historian turns baker?
- Timothy Garton Ash remembers an appearance by Putin at a conference in 1994 that's eye-opening