Did Aids change America?
More than 500,000 people have died from Aids-related illnesses in the US in the last 27 years - but has Aids really changed the country?
The actor Paul Michael Glaser, who presents a Radio 2 documentary on the subject on Tuesday, has no doubt it has had a tremendous impact at a personal level.
Best known as Starsky in the long-running television show"Starsky & Hutch," Glaser said:"Aids had a huge impact on my life and on hundreds of thousands of my fellow Americans."
Glaser's own wife, Elizabeth contracted the HIV, which causes Aids, from a
blood tranfusion in 1981 - the year Aids was first reported in the US.
comments powered by Disqus
- Limbaugh, Citing Ron Radosh, Tries to Blame Max Blumenthal for Kansas Rampage
- UC Berkeley professor emeritus Robert Harlan dies at 84
- She Came All the Way from Melbourne to Attend the OAH
- The 7 Most Popular HNN Videos from the 2014 OAH
- Jesse Lemisch’s up-from-below history is still strikingly original