Edward VIII's links to a mystic
Further evidence has emerged that King Edward VIII was seeing a mystic during the abdication crisis, prompting the Archbishop of Canterbury to intervene.
Previously undisclosed archives tell the story of a king in the grip of a man known as"The Yorkshire Yogi".
Dr Alexander Cannon trained as a medic, and dabbled in alternative treatments, mystic techniques and black magic.
Lambeth Palace was tipped off that the King was receiving hypnotic
treatment from Dr Cannon for a drink problem.
comments powered by Disqus
- Five Things You Need to Know to be a Better Digital Preservationist
- Book on Losing British Generals Wins American History Prize
- Stanford scholar explores civil rights revolution's positive impact on the South's economy
- Harvard Historian Nancy Koehn on Amazon's Tentacular Reach
- Q&A with historian and author Nick Turse