Six decades on, German-Russian war booty disputes still rage
Late last month, Russia handed over six medieval stained glass church windows -- the last of a set of 117 panes from the Marienkirche (St Mary's Church) in Frankfurt an der Oder, on today's Polish border, carted off to Moscow in 1945.
At a ceremony to mark the occasion, German Culture Minister Bernd Neumann said the restitution was a sign of improving relations between the wartime foes.
comments powered by Disqus
- Round 2: It's Benny Morris vs. Martin Kramer ... Was there a massacre in 1948 in Lydda?
- World War I Anniversary: Five Historians, Two Questions
- While French historians take a common view of WW I, British and German don't
- Historian: Proclamation Naming Pa. State Gun Gets Facts Wrong
- Irish slave owners were compensated historian reveals