13 Confederate flags go missing in Middletown
The Confederate flags disappeared from Main Street this fall, along with the retreating Confederate troops.
Thirteen flags, all yanked from their poles in the town center during the Battle of Cedar Creek re-enactment weekend Oct. 18 and 19.
Missing flags in the wake of the annual re-enactment aren’t that uncommon, said Middletown Mayor Ray Steele. In fact, several of the town’s 50 Confederate flags go missing each fall.
“But this is the first time we’ve ever had them stolen to this extent,”
comments powered by Disqus
- Nelson Mandela Dead: Icon of Anti-Apartheid Movement Dies at 95
- George H.W. Bush Given Lyndon B. Johnson Foundation Award
- Bruce Springsteen's 'Born To Run' manuscript could fetch $100,000 at NY auction
- Hospital Donates Records of Jacqueline Kennedy Onassis to JFK Library
- Australia’s Eureka Flag Finds a New Patch