Gladiators to return to Rome
Gladiators are to return to Rome 2,000 years after they clashed on the blood-soaked sands of the Colosseum.
Umberto Broccoli, the archaeologist in charge of the Colosseum, said that he is planning to bring the gladiatorial clashes of ancient Rome to the modern Italian capital as part of a"serious project" to revive interest in its monuments and museums.
Whereas the gladiators who entertained ancient Roman crowds in the huge
amphitheatre often battled to the death, today's fighters will engage in
comments powered by Disqus
- Nelson Mandela Dead: Icon of Anti-Apartheid Movement Dies at 95
- George H.W. Bush Given Lyndon B. Johnson Foundation Award
- Bruce Springsteen's 'Born To Run' manuscript could fetch $100,000 at NY auction
- Hospital Donates Records of Jacqueline Kennedy Onassis to JFK Library
- Australia’s Eureka Flag Finds a New Patch