Disputed Oprah-Endorsed Holocaust Memoir Contradicted By More Witnesses
Three other survivors, including the famous British Jewish leader Ben Helfgott, all tell The New Republic that Herman's story is fabricated."I speak up with great sorrow,” Helfgott tells TNR. “I don’t like it. He is my friend, and he will always be my friend. He got intoxicated with it. And so he wants to carry on.”
For the full story, including comments from the Rosenblats' two children and insight into the scant to nonexistent fact-checking process of Rosenblat's publisher, click here.
Deborah Lipstadt comments
comments powered by Disqus
- Shipwreck Found Under World Trade Center Traced Back To Colonial Era Philadelphia
- Bob Dallek in the NYT gives a rave review of John Dean's history of Watergate cover-up
- Ex-President George W. Bush Authors Book About His Father
- Tears, and Anger, as Militants Destroy Iraq City’s Relics
- Europe notes 100th anniversary of World War I
- Why Benny Morris is both right and wrong
- Professor Ilan Pappé: Israel Has Chosen to be a 'Racist Apartheid State'
- History Professor: Convicted Cop Killer Mumia Should Be Celebrated Like Martin Luther King Jr. in Schools
- Robert Drew, Cinema Verite Documentarian, Dies at 90
- Rick Perlstein: “Ronald Reagan absolved America almost in a priestly role not to have to contend with sin. The consequences are all around us today”