Italy may help Iraq train art cops: Countries outline 'master plan' for cultural collaboration
Italy is planning to help Iraq create a new police unit to fight the trafficking of stolen works, Culture Minister Sandro Bondi said Wednesday.
The new Iraqi unit will be based on Italy's crack team of art cops, who have gained a worldwide reputation for their work in recovering stolen works and stopping illegal trading.
Flanked by Iraq's Tourism and Antiquities Minister Qahtan Abbas al-Jibouri, Bondi said the unit was
just one of a series of initiatives in a plan for ongoing cultural collaboration between the two
comments powered by Disqus
- Olivia Remie Constable, director of the Medieval Institute at Notre Dame since 2009, passes away
- Arizona Historical Society soon could be history
- Yale's Donald Kagan says students need to study Western civilization
- Ken Burns on Colbert to promote his new documentary, "The Address"
- UC Santa Barbara History Department featuring a series on the Great Society at 50