Names of dead carved on memorial (UK)
The work of carving the names of 67 service personnel killed in service during 2008 is beginning at the Armed Forces Memorial in Alrewas, Staffs.
It will take a single stonemason three weeks to carve the names on the walls at the National Memorial Arboretum.
The engraving process, which began at 0600 BST, takes place every spring.
Prince William visited the memorial on Friday and became patron of an appeal which aims to raise £8m for the site.
comments powered by Disqus
- Limbaugh, Citing Ron Radosh, Tries to Blame Max Blumenthal for Kansas Rampage
- UC Berkeley professor emeritus Robert Harlan dies at 84
- She Came All the Way from Melbourne to Attend the OAH
- The 7 Most Popular HNN Videos from the 2014 OAH
- Jesse Lemisch’s up-from-below history is still strikingly original