Names of dead carved on memorial (UK)
It will take a single stonemason three weeks to carve the names on the walls at the National Memorial Arboretum.
The engraving process, which began at 0600 BST, takes place every spring.
Prince William visited the memorial on Friday and became patron of an appeal which aims to raise £8m for the site.
comments powered by Disqus
- OAH issues a statement in support of the AP standards
- Daniel Pipes says in interview that the absence of anti-Israel protests in Muslim countries is highly significant
- A historian who studies China has discovered an overlooked angle in the debate about the Middle East. Could he have figured out a key reason for Iraq’s failure to defeat ISIS?
- American Historical Association backs revision of the AP course in history
- Middle East Scholars and Librarians Call for the Boycott of Israeli Academic Institutions