Names of dead carved on memorial (UK)
It will take a single stonemason three weeks to carve the names on the walls at the National Memorial Arboretum.
The engraving process, which began at 0600 BST, takes place every spring.
Prince William visited the memorial on Friday and became patron of an appeal which aims to raise £8m for the site.
comments powered by Disqus
- Shipwreck Found Under World Trade Center Traced Back To Colonial Era Philadelphia
- Bob Dallek in the NYT gives a rave review of John Dean's history of Watergate cover-up
- Ex-President George W. Bush Authors Book About His Father
- Tears, and Anger, as Militants Destroy Iraq City’s Relics
- Europe notes 100th anniversary of World War I
- History wars are raging in East Asia
- Round 2: It's Benny Morris vs. Martin Kramer ... Was there a massacre in 1948 in Lydda?
- World War I Anniversary: Five Historians, Two Questions
- While French historians take a common view of WW I, British and German don't