Demjanjuk Lands in Munich
The aircraft taxied directly into the Lufthansa hangar at 9.15 a.m. local time accompanied by police cars and ambulances. Demjanjuk was brought to the remand prison at Stadelheim in Munich, where he is to undergo a medical examination. An investigating judge will formally issue him with an arrest warrant later on Tuesday.
comments powered by Disqus
john richard barker - 5/16/2009
indeed! we can only hope. can u imagine the american politicians and policymakers, past and present, who should be on planes going to the four corners of the earth to be tried for their crimes against humanity and war crimes?
Donald Wolberg - 5/15/2009
Justice layed is indeed justice denied. The sadness of course is that the men, women and children behind the wire in the camps this man served, were denied life and he managed to have a life. But justice will in the end prevail.
- Richard III Really Ate and Drank Like a King
- Where’s the one place in the world where nobody’s messed with WW II relics?
- Secrets of the Clinton Library
- India Bans Indira Gandhi Assassination Film
- A prominent historian of science dies and no one takes notice
- A pro-Hamas Left emerges among historians, complains Jeffrey Herf
- Classicist Mary Beard celebrated by the New Yorker as “The Troll Slayer”
- Ilan Pappé praised in Iran as a "prominent anti-Zionist Israeli historian and intellectual"
- It's hard to be an optimist today, but Juan Cole is