Demjanjuk Lands in Munich
The aircraft taxied directly into the Lufthansa hangar at 9.15 a.m. local time accompanied by police cars and ambulances. Demjanjuk was brought to the remand prison at Stadelheim in Munich, where he is to undergo a medical examination. An investigating judge will formally issue him with an arrest warrant later on Tuesday.
comments powered by Disqus
john richard barker - 5/16/2009
indeed! we can only hope. can u imagine the american politicians and policymakers, past and present, who should be on planes going to the four corners of the earth to be tried for their crimes against humanity and war crimes?
Donald Wolberg - 5/15/2009
Justice layed is indeed justice denied. The sadness of course is that the men, women and children behind the wire in the camps this man served, were denied life and he managed to have a life. But justice will in the end prevail.
- How Americans Feel About Religious Groups
- Tea Party support linked to educational segregation, new study shows
- History of Philly Rests Under I-95
- Agreement aims to protect North Shore wrecks from looters
- Award-Winning Filmmaker Kevin McCann to Produce the First Film about the Easter Rising in Ireland
- It's official: 2014 AHA election results are in
- In new book UC Berkeley historian Waldo E. Martin, Jr. takes Black Panther Party's point of view
- Economics historian finds that real social mobility takes hundreds of years
- Historian turns baker?