Comments About Historians
NEW KID ON THE BLOCK 11-06-03
I am pleased to join Liberty and Power. As I told David when I was invited, there are several writers on this list whose work I've admired for some time. It's awfully flattering to be invited to join such an august group. I hope I can hold up my end of the bargain.
I author the majority of my blogging work at SCSU Scholars. SCSU is St. Cloud State University, my employer, which National Association of Scholars president Steve Balch once described as"ground zero" of the battle against political correctness in Minnesota. The Scholars blog grew out of a desire to have a way for people opposed to the infantilization of our university's curriculum, the curtailment of free speech, and the continued poor governance by both the administration and a faculty union.
I am hoping to bring a couple of items from there to the readers of L&P, but more to the point I'd like an opportunity to expand my writing beyond issues in higher education. I will write often on international political economy and central banking (these are my areas of expertise).
Posted by King Banaian at 4:50 p.m. EST
comments powered by Disqus
- The Debt Ceiling Law is now a Tool of Partisan Political Power; Abolish It
- Amitai Etzioni, Theorist of Communitarianism, Dies at 94
- Kagan, Sotomayor Join SCOTUS Cons in Sticking it to Unions
- New Evidence: Rehnquist Pretty Much OK with Plessy v. Ferguson
- Ohio Unions Link Academic Freedom and the Freedom to Strike
- First Round of Obama Administration Oral Histories Focus on Political Fault Lines and Policy Tradeoffs
- The Tulsa Race Massacre was an Attack on Black People; Rebuilding Policies were an Attack on Black Wealth
- British Universities are Researching Ties to Slavery. Conservative Alumni Say "Enough"
- Martha Hodes Reconstructs Her Memory of a 1970 Hijacking
- Jeremi Suri: Texas Higher Ed Conflict "Doesn't Have to Be This Way"
- New transcript of Ayn Rand at West Point in 1974 shows she claimed “savage" Indians had no right to live here just because they were born here
- The Mexican War Suggests Ukraine May End Up Conceding Crimea. World War I Suggests the Price May Be Tragic if it Doesn't
- The Vietnam War Crimes You Never Heard Of