Gender and 2008 ElectionHot Topics
This page is continuously updated. Articles are listed in reverse chronological order.
- McCain vs. Obama (et al.)
- John McCain
- Obama and Race
- Barack Obama: A More Perfect Union (Speech in Philadelphia)
- Election 2008: Primaries
- Iowa Caucuses
- Historians & 2008
- HNN Poll: What Does New Hampshire Tell Us?
- HNN Poll: President Huckabee? President Obama? What does Iowa tell us?
- HNN Poll: Should There be a History Debate for Presidential Candidates?
- HNN Guide: Who Should Be the Next Commander-in-Chief? Moral Leader-in-Chief? Educator-in-Chief? Statesman-in-Chief? Politician-in-Chief?
- Donald Boudreaux: Is misogyny to blame for Clinton's misfortunes?
- Andrew Stephen: Hating Hillary
- Debby Applegate: Two Can Make History
- Hillary Clinton and the Possessive Investment in Whiteness
- Nicholas J. G. Winter: Why Race, Gender, and Politics Are Dangerous Frames
- Joseph Lane: Race and the Risky Game of Claiming Icons
- Eric Foner: Debating who is more oppressed, blacks or women, is a fool's game
- Stephanie Coontz: When Women and Blacks Fight to Get First in Line They Both Suffer
comments powered by Disqus
- Ahead of its 100th anniversary, revisiting the Seattle General Strike and the city’s long legacy of organized labor
- Kamala Harris is among the few black women to run for president. Here is the amazing story of the first.
- On MLK Day, descendants of Lee, Stonewall Jackson urge Va. to halt Confederate tributes
- Foreign interference in US elections dates back decades
- On Martin Luther King Jr. Day, remembering the women civil rights leaders left out of spotlight
- Julian Zelizer blasts Pence for comparing Donald Trump to MLK
- Writer Reflects on Arthur Schlesinger Jr.'s "The Vital Center"
- Heather Cox Richardson On The First Government Shutdown In U.S. History
- A New History of Native Americans Responds to ‘Bury My Heart at Wounded Knee’
- Historian's new TV series tears apart America's revered founding myths