Gender and 2008 ElectionHot Topics
This page is continuously updated. Articles are listed in reverse chronological order.
- McCain vs. Obama (et al.)
- John McCain
- Obama and Race
- Barack Obama: A More Perfect Union (Speech in Philadelphia)
- Election 2008: Primaries
- Iowa Caucuses
- Historians & 2008
- HNN Poll: What Does New Hampshire Tell Us?
- HNN Poll: President Huckabee? President Obama? What does Iowa tell us?
- HNN Poll: Should There be a History Debate for Presidential Candidates?
- HNN Guide: Who Should Be the Next Commander-in-Chief? Moral Leader-in-Chief? Educator-in-Chief? Statesman-in-Chief? Politician-in-Chief?
- Donald Boudreaux: Is misogyny to blame for Clinton's misfortunes?
- Andrew Stephen: Hating Hillary
- Debby Applegate: Two Can Make History
- Hillary Clinton and the Possessive Investment in Whiteness
- Nicholas J. G. Winter: Why Race, Gender, and Politics Are Dangerous Frames
- Joseph Lane: Race and the Risky Game of Claiming Icons
- Eric Foner: Debating who is more oppressed, blacks or women, is a fool's game
- Stephanie Coontz: When Women and Blacks Fight to Get First in Line They Both Suffer
comments powered by Disqus
- Josh Hawley Earns F in Early American History
- Does Germany's Holocaust Education Give Cover to Nativism?
- "Car Brain" Has Long Normalized Carnage on the Roads
- Hawley's Use of Fake Patrick Henry Quote a Revealing Error
- Health Researchers Show Segregation 100 Years Ago Harmed Black Health, and Effects Continue Today
- Nelson Lichtenstein on a Half Century of Labor History
- Can America Handle a 250th Anniversary?
- New Research Shows British Industrialization Drew Ironworking Methods from Colonized and Enslaved Jamaicans
- The American Revolution Remains a Hotly Contested Symbolic Field
- Untangling Fact and Fiction in the Story of a Nazi-Era Brothel