Gender and 2008 ElectionHot Topics
This page is continuously updated. Articles are listed in reverse chronological order.
- McCain vs. Obama (et al.)
- John McCain
- Obama and Race
- Barack Obama: A More Perfect Union (Speech in Philadelphia)
- Election 2008: Primaries
- Iowa Caucuses
- Historians & 2008
- HNN Poll: What Does New Hampshire Tell Us?
- HNN Poll: President Huckabee? President Obama? What does Iowa tell us?
- HNN Poll: Should There be a History Debate for Presidential Candidates?
- HNN Guide: Who Should Be the Next Commander-in-Chief? Moral Leader-in-Chief? Educator-in-Chief? Statesman-in-Chief? Politician-in-Chief?
- Donald Boudreaux: Is misogyny to blame for Clinton's misfortunes?
- Andrew Stephen: Hating Hillary
- Debby Applegate: Two Can Make History
- Hillary Clinton and the Possessive Investment in Whiteness
- Nicholas J. G. Winter: Why Race, Gender, and Politics Are Dangerous Frames
- Joseph Lane: Race and the Risky Game of Claiming Icons
- Eric Foner: Debating who is more oppressed, blacks or women, is a fool's game
- Stephanie Coontz: When Women and Blacks Fight to Get First in Line They Both Suffer
comments powered by Disqus
- Oklahoma ACLU Files Suit Against State Ban on Critical Race Theory
- St. Malo, Louisiana, Site of Earliest Filipino-American Settlement, Threatened by Climate Change
- Executive Privilege was out of Control Before Steve Bannon Claimed It
- Can Skeletons Have Racial Identity?
- Diver Discovers 900-Year-Old Sword Dating to the Crusades
- Leonard Moore: On Teaching Black History to White People
- How Cigarettes Became a Civil Rights Issue
- David Graeber and David Wengrow Have Given Human History a Rewrite
- Dems Worry Not Passing Biden Agenda Will Kill Them in the Midterms. Does Legislation Actually Matter?
- #HATM: "Historians at the Movies" Builds Community One Screening at a Time