Gender and 2008 ElectionHot Topics
This page is continuously updated. Articles are listed in reverse chronological order.
- McCain vs. Obama (et al.)
- John McCain
- Obama and Race
- Barack Obama: A More Perfect Union (Speech in Philadelphia)
- Election 2008: Primaries
- Iowa Caucuses
- Historians & 2008
- HNN Poll: What Does New Hampshire Tell Us?
- HNN Poll: President Huckabee? President Obama? What does Iowa tell us?
- HNN Poll: Should There be a History Debate for Presidential Candidates?
- HNN Guide: Who Should Be the Next Commander-in-Chief? Moral Leader-in-Chief? Educator-in-Chief? Statesman-in-Chief? Politician-in-Chief?
- Donald Boudreaux: Is misogyny to blame for Clinton's misfortunes?
- Andrew Stephen: Hating Hillary
- Debby Applegate: Two Can Make History
- Hillary Clinton and the Possessive Investment in Whiteness
- Nicholas J. G. Winter: Why Race, Gender, and Politics Are Dangerous Frames
- Joseph Lane: Race and the Risky Game of Claiming Icons
- Eric Foner: Debating who is more oppressed, blacks or women, is a fool's game
- Stephanie Coontz: When Women and Blacks Fight to Get First in Line They Both Suffer
comments powered by Disqus
- Documentary on the Last Slave Ship to Arrive in the United States Takes on Questions of Memorializing Racist Violence
- The Underground Network of Ministers and Rabbis Aiding Abortion Access Before Roe
- At its 50th Reunion, La Raza Unida Asks How to Pass the Torch
- US Neglect of Puerto Rico is in the News, but the Main Historical Relationship has been Abuse
- Will SCOTUS Revisit the Second Class Citizenship of American Samoans?
- Sergey Radchenko on Putin's Mobilization Speech
- A Finnish Historian's Ambitious Rethinking of Native American History Draws Praise and Criticism
- National Archives Exhibition Challenges the Meritocratic, Democratic Myths of American Sports
- The Defeat of Identity Politics
- How Ideology Shapes America's View on the World