Wednesday, February 24, 2010 - 21:48
HNN Hot Topics: Gay Marriage
David Lee McMullen: The Manhattan Declaration and"Traditional" Marriage
Protests Over Gay Rights Greet Historians' Meeting
Linda Kerber: The Historians' Amicus Brief in the Iowa Gay Marriage Case
Stephanie Coontz: The Real Marriage Revolution
Jon Pahl: The Religious Violence of"Defending Marriage"
Timothy Stewart-Winter: Putting Obama's gay marriage questionnaire in context
AHA Members Back Move to Embarrass but Not Boycott Anti-Gay Hotel Owner at Next Convention
Newsweek: Opponents of gay marriage often cite Scripture. But what the Bible teaches about love argues for the other side
Thomas A. Foster: Why Putting Civil Rights Up to a Vote Is a Bad Idea
Gay history museum shows current debate is nothing new: Marriage issue made headlines even 50 years ago
- Timothy Stewart-Winter Gay marriage and the black vote
- Ruth Rosen California makes gay marriage legal
- Allan Tulchin The 600 Year Tradition Behind Same-Sex Unions
- NYT News Story Gay Marriage Through a Black-White Prism
- Stephanie Coontz "Activist judges" or"re-activist" judges?
- James C. Cobb Are the Opponents of Gay Marriage Toying with Our Independent Judiciary?
- Robert Frakes Why the Romans Are Important in the Debate About Gay Marriage
- Stephanie Coontz It Was Straights Who Undermined Marriage, Not Gays
- Estelle B. Freedman Historical Alternatives to Mainstream Marriage
- Joanna Grossman The States Have Different Laws Regulating Divorce ... So Why Not Gay Marriage, too?
- Hendrik Hartog What Gay Marriage Teaches About the History of Marriage
- Peggy Pascoe Why the Ugly Rhetoric Against Gay Marriage Is Familiar to this Historian of Miscegenation
- Randy Scholfield Gay Marriage? What Next ... Women Voting?
- Mark A. Peterson The Puritans and Gay Marriage
- Mark Gallagher The Hysteria About Gay Marriage: A Minister's Perspective
- Nicholas Kristof Gay Marriage a Bad Idea? So Was Interracial Marriage a Few Decades Ago
- Jonathan Dresner Doubletalk on Gay Marriage
- Joseph Ellis What Would Jefferson Say About the Amendment to Ban Gay Marriage?
- P.M. Carpenter Why the Amendment Banning Gay Marriages Is Bad Politics for Bush
- Andrew Sullivan Other States Wouldn't Have to Recognize a Gay Marriage License Issued by Massachusetts
- Kathleen Dalton Why Gays Should Be Allowed to Say"I Do"
- Margot Adler Did Gay People Get Married in the Past?
- Anne E. Kornblut and Lyle Denniston Will Bush's Support for a Constitutional Ban on Gay Marriage Make Much of a Difference?
- Editorial Amend the Constitution to Prohibit Gay Marriage?
- Andrea Georgsson 20 Years from Now, Gay Rights Will Be Taken for Granted
- Jonathan Dresner Cambodian King Endorses Gay Marriage in Handwritten French Blog
- Pat Lynch Attack of the Gay Agenda
- Steven Horwitz Gay Marriage, the Ten Commandments, and the Rule of Law
- Jonathan Dresner Gay Marriage: Personal Connections
- Andrew Schocket The Massachusetts Court Decision on Gay Marriage Is No Shocker
- Ralph Luker Changing the Constitution to Protect Adam and Eve?