HNN's Response to Harris Salomon's ComplaintsHistorians/History
An early version of this article was published by HNN late in the evening of Monday February 23. In the wee hours of the morning we heard from film producer Harris Salomon by both email and voicemail. He objected to certain claims made in the article about him and indicated if they weren't dropped he would take legal action against both the author and HNN. In response we decided to pull the article pending a thorough review. (The article had remained live on the website just seven hours before it was taken off-line.)
In the days following Mr. Salomon provided a detailed list of objections to the article. In response we asked Professor Waltzer to review the piece and make appropriate changes where needed. Dr. Waltzer provided convincing evidence for the quotes and facts he cited.
In the early edition of the article Ken Waltzer stated that Harris Salomon, Atlantic Overseas Pictures president, was continuing with plans to make a movie about Rosenblat to gain attention and money. HNN believes this statement was unsupported. Harris Salomon actually explained to Ken Waltzer his motivation and this revised article clarifies it, drawing on Salomon's own statements to Professor Waltzer.
HNN and Ken Waltzer apologize for the lack of clarity of the early version of this article. We believe that the current version adequately and accurately clarifies the matter.
comments powered by Disqus
- A girl named Greta and the seriously sexist history of Time’s Person of the Year
- Poll: Majority of Democrats think Obama was better president than Washington
- Civil War Soldiers Used Hair Dye to Make Themselves Look Better in Pictures, Archaeologists Discover
- Monumental statue of black man defies Confederate monuments
- From Consensus To Deadlock: Is Impeachment Still A Check On Presidents?
- Black Scholars Respond to Dr. Lorgia García Peña Tenure Denial at Harvard
- Historians Kirsten Weld and Erik Baker Interviewed About Harvard Graduate Worker Strike in Chronicle of Higher Education
- Kate Shaw: Andrew Johnson Was Impeached for Being a Racist Demagogue
- Bullets That Killed John F. Kennedy Immortalized as Digital Replicas by Smithsonian
- 37 books for history lovers: 11 Historians Select Their Favorite Books of 2019