Barack Obama faces 30 death threats a day, stretching US Secret ServiceBreaking News
Since Mr Obama took office, the rate of threats against the president has increased 400 per cent from the 3,000 a year or so under President George W. Bush, according to Ronald Kessler, author of In the President's Secret Service.
Some threats to Mr Obama, whose Secret Service codename is Renegade, have been publicised, including an alleged plot by white supremacists in Tennessee late last year to rob a gun store, shoot 88 black people, decapitate another 14 and then assassinate the first black president in American history.
comments powered by Disqus
Craig Michael Loftin - 9/9/2009
Glenn Beck must be delighted!
Michael Green - 9/9/2009
I am more concerned with why he is getting more death threats, and I think it safe and sad to say that racism is not dead or even dormant. That also has a great deal to do with the all-out craziness of some right-wingers these days.
Joyce Haworth - 9/9/2009
So now we all know the Secret Service's codename for the president?
- 6 Inspiring Stories From Those who Remember the Pearl Harbor Attack
- When Culture War Politics Consume School Boards, Basic Functions Suffer
- Australia's Spy Agency Identified Climate Risk 40 Years Ago; The Government Protected the Coal Industry Instead
- Rebecca Traister: Betrayal of Roe Decades in the Making
- Mel Brooks Delivers 500 Pages on His Favorite Subject – Himself