Turkey accuses France of genocide in colonial AlgeriaBreaking News
The Turkish prime minister has accused France of committing genocide during its colonial occupation of Algeria.
Recep Tayyip Erdogan was speaking after French MPs passed a bill making it a criminal act to deny that Ottoman Turks committed genocide in 1915-16 Armenia.
He accused President Nicolas Sarkozy of using the bill to fan hatred of Muslims and Turks for electoral gain.
He said Mr Sarkozy should "ask his father, who served in the French Legion there" about the Algerian "massacre"....
comments powered by Disqus
- Abraham Lincoln and the Shavuot Controversy of 1865
- This Montana Farm Boy Became a Scientific Legend, Developing Vaccines to Protect Kids Worldwide
- Should the U.S. Favor Public Health or the Economy? History Shows they’re Inseparable
- Future Historians Will Rely on Wikipedia’s COVID-19 Coverage
- Reparations – Has the Time Finally Come?