Douglas Brinkley to Do Oral Histories of KatrinaBreaking News
Brinkley fled to Houston after the hurricane hit New Orleans. He returned later to try to help the victims.
He told Brian Lamb that the oral histories will be taken under the auspices of the Roosevelt center, which he heads.
comments powered by Disqus
Gregory Michael Dorr - 9/9/2005
I listened to Doug Brinkley's discussions with Kathrina callers on CSpan this evening and want to invite everyone to tune into CSpan the next time Brinkley is scheduled to appear. Yes he is articulate on a variety of issues and I would elect him to any public office he would so honor this nation to accept.
- With Students Back on Campus, Faculty Push Back Against COVID Policies They Consider Inadequate
- How Hong Kong's Elite Have Embraced a Shifting Narrative on Tiananmen Square
- Discovery of Human Footprints Pushes Back Date of Earliest Humans in Americas
- Ghana, WEB DuBois Museum Foundation to Partner on Museum, Research Center
- George Holliday Dies at 61, Taped LAPD Beating of Rodney King
- The Curious Task of Preserving Darwin's Beans and Butterflies
- Local Professor Building History of San Diego's Japanese Americans
- Art History Prof. Recognizes Lost Masterpiece in Local Church
- Rebel is Right: Reassessing the Cultural Revolution
- US COVID Death Count Surpasses Estimates of 1918 Influenza