Miers Gave to GOP Candidates, DemocratsBreaking News
In 1988, Miers, then a lawyer in private practice, donated $1,000 to Gore, the Tennessee Democrat then seeking the party's presidential nomination, according to Federal Election Commission reports. Gore eventually bowed out and Michael Dukakis secured the nomination.
In 2000, Miers contributed to the campaign of Texas Gov. George W. Bush, who was running against Gore that year. When the votes were still being counted in Florida and the outcome was in doubt, she gave $5,000 to the Bush-Cheney Inc. Recount Fund, according to the non- partisan Political MoneyLine.
comments powered by Disqus
- The Corrupt Bargain (Review Essay)
- These Photos Capture the Lives of African American Soldiers who Served During World War II
- Concerns Raised for Detained Gulag Historian Yury Dmitriyev
- 'Acts of Kindness Are Really Contagious.' Historian Rutger Bregman Argues for a New Way of Thinking About Humanity
- Looking at War Across 2,500 Years (Review Essay)