Miers Gave to GOP Candidates, DemocratsBreaking News
In 1988, Miers, then a lawyer in private practice, donated $1,000 to Gore, the Tennessee Democrat then seeking the party's presidential nomination, according to Federal Election Commission reports. Gore eventually bowed out and Michael Dukakis secured the nomination.
In 2000, Miers contributed to the campaign of Texas Gov. George W. Bush, who was running against Gore that year. When the votes were still being counted in Florida and the outcome was in doubt, she gave $5,000 to the Bush-Cheney Inc. Recount Fund, according to the non- partisan Political MoneyLine.
comments powered by Disqus
- After 3 Year FOIA Lawsuit, Washington Post Publishes Afghanistan Papers, A Secret History of the War
- "Indian Land Forever": The 50th anniversary of the Alcatraz Island takeover
- 'Modern-day Pentagon Papers’: Comparing the Afghanistan Papers to blockbuster Vietnam War study
- Nikki Haley's Confederate Flag Comments Spark Backlash
- Pinterest and The Knot Take a Stand Against Plantation Weddings
- Annette Gordon-Reed Reviews Alan Taylor's Book Thomas Jefferson's Education for The Atlantic
- The genealogy boom has hit a roadblock. The Trump administration plans huge fee hikes for immigration records.
- Hundreds of scholars protest Harvard's decision to deny tenure to Latinx studies professor
- Tweeting from the Past: History Course Uses Social Media to Bring Research to Life
- An Art History Mystery with No Shortage of Sleuths