Historic murder to be recreated (It changed British history)Breaking News
Hundreds of spectators are expected to watch the recreation of the slaying, which is said to have set Scotland on the road to independent nationhood.
The event, on 11 February, is to mark the 700th anniversary of the murder.
Bruce needed Comyn's support if he were to be King, but when this did not come he murdered him.
The event is being organised by the Bruce Trust, a local charity dedicated to promoting the man they see as the nation's greatest hero.
comments powered by Disqus
- Oklahoma ACLU Files Suit Against State Ban on Critical Race Theory
- St. Malo, Louisiana, Site of Earliest Filipino-American Settlement, Threatened by Climate Change
- Executive Privilege was out of Control Before Steve Bannon Claimed It
- Can Skeletons Have Racial Identity?
- Diver Discovers 900-Year-Old Sword Dating to the Crusades
- Leonard Moore: On Teaching Black History to White People
- How Cigarettes Became a Civil Rights Issue
- David Graeber and David Wengrow Have Given Human History a Rewrite
- Dems Worry Not Passing Biden Agenda Will Kill Them in the Midterms. Does Legislation Actually Matter?
- #HATM: "Historians at the Movies" Builds Community One Screening at a Time