Putin in call to 'rescue' StalinBreaking News
The Russian leader claimed that a generation of schoolchildren was learning a version of their past that had been deliberately skewed by historians in the pay of the West.
"Many of our textbooks are written by people on foreign grants," Mr Putin told history and science teachers at a conference outside Moscow.
"They are dancing a polka ordered by those who pay for it. This is undoubtedly an instrument for influencing our country."
In a warning that will send a chill through Russia's dwindling ranks of liberal academics, the president indicated that publishing houses that did not print more patriotic textbooks would face state censorship...
comments powered by Disqus
- Evelyn Brooks Higginbotham on the AP Af-Am Studies Controversy
- 600 African American Studies Faculty Sign Open Letter in Defense of AP African American Studies
- Organization of American Historians Statement on AP African American Studies
- Historians on DeSantis and the Fight Over Black History
- How the Right Got Waco Wrong