You’ll recognize his name: He’s the Smoot in Smoot-Hawley.
by Bruce W. Dearstyne
That sounds like a topic from another era. But it’s shockingly of the moment.
SOURCE: The Washington Post
President Trump appears prepared to unravel 70 years of painstaking effort that the United States has led to build an international system of trade based on mutually accepted rules and principles.
by Suzy Evans
Case in point: Jefferson’s embargo of France and Great Britain.
Princeton’s Harold James says the history lesson is clear.
- Russian Police Detain History Professor After Protest
- Why We Keep Reinventing Abraham Lincoln
- Four Principles to Guide Us on Whose Statues Should Topple and Whose Should Remain
- History Professor Describes His Experience With COVID-19, Teaching In Historic Times
- 52 Years Ago, Thelonious Monk Played a High School. Now Everyone Can Hear It.